Monday, March 11, 2013

Quinoa Veggie "Fried Rice"

Slightly adapted from damndelicious

 I love anything to do with quinoa, and this dish didn't disappoint!  It tastes just like friend rice, but so much healthier for you! It is also a great make ahead meal for lunches throughout the week! Try it soon, you won't be disappointed!


Ingredients

2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 carrots, peeled and grated
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
Sriracha, for serving

Directions

Heat coconut oil in medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, stirring often until translucent. (About 4-5 minutes.) Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender. Add corn, peas, carrots, and quinoa. Cook until heated through. Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Heat through. Serve immediately, and drizzle with sriracha if desired. Enjoy! - Alex





2 comments:

  1. I noticed that you use coconut oil often. I have some in the fridge, but it is such a pain to use because I have to dig it out of the container. Am I doing something wrong here?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep mine in the cupboard next to my oven. I use it often while I cook so it goes from solid to liquid form all the time. The nutritional properties stay the same either way. You can refrigerate it, but it's not necessary

    ReplyDelete