Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade





I found this delicious recipe from Super Healthy Kids (one of my favourite kid food bloggers). I have several homemade lemonade recipes, but none that incorporated strawberries, so I knew I wanted to try it right away! It is so easy, and my kids loved it! Arianne and I were trying so hard to get a picture of it, but it was quite hard with little fingers in the way stealing all our props! Eventually we gave up and they took over! Drink it up ladies!


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and tops cut off
Juice of 4 lemons
1/3-1/2 cup sweetener of your choice ( I used honey)
2 cups cold water
ice

Directions


Blend strawberries, lemon juice and sweetener in a blender. Pour mixture into 2 cups of cold water and plenty of ice. (I added my ice right to the drink, and enjoyed it that way.) Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir again and enjoy - Alex

1 comment: