Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Healthy Breakfast Cookies


Sorry that we have been so absent lately! Although things are quiet here, we have been posting a ton of recipes as well as healthy meal ideas on our instagram account. Give us a follow over there if you like and we will try to be a bit better at blogging our recipes over here as well!  

I think a cookie recipe is a great way to bring this old blog back to life don't ya think? I thought so too. My friend brought over some of these cookies a while ago and I have been craving them ever since! We finally got around to making some today and the hardest part was not eating them all off the plate! I know they are healthy, but a treat is STILL a treat (that is what I have to tell myself). They will last a week on the counter, or up to 3 months in the freezer. I say that like you will actually have them for sitting around for that long. Not likely. 


Ingredients 

2 cups gluten free quick oats
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 large banana, mashed
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 flax seeds
1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips

Directions 

Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl or a stand mixer. Mix until well combined. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet and flatten the tops. They will not spread out while baking. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before removing or they will fall apart. Try not to eat the whole plate. Enjoy! - Alex


*Slightly adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction*

No comments:

Post a Comment