Friday, February 1, 2013

Creamy, Butternut Squash Soup


 I'm a bit of a squash fanatic. Especially butternut squash - I love to utilize it in any way possible, and this is one of my favorite ways!
I'll admit, while this may not be the healthiest recipe around, it is certainly delicious! (But who can live without that cream cheese??) This warm, creamy soup is so simple and perfect for a cold day. Or any day for that matter.

Ingredients

1 apple cubed (peel optional)
1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
1 onion, chopped
4 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
1/2 package cream cheese
nutmeg - dash
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Place chicken(or vegetable) stock, onion, apple, and butternut squash in a pot and bring to a boil for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a blender. Add cream cheese and puree. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.

Enjoy!

- Arianne

2 comments:

  1. YUm!!! I am so with you on Butternut squash. Funny...I use to think it was gross as a kid. What was I thinking? Now I replace it a lot with pumpkin in pumpkin recipes, because I love the taste of Butternut squash more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this soup out a couple of weeks ago. So DE I tell you! I'm especially glad that I got it all to myself for a week while everyone was away.

    ReplyDelete