Monday, November 18, 2013

Roasted Tomato Zucchini and Corn Soup

While I'm not a terribly huge fan of pureed soups, I really did enjoy this one! It had just enough texture to prevent me feeling like I was eating baby food.
This soup also somehow had a "fresh" taste to it. I'm not sure I've ever come across a soup quite like this one before! Very tasty.


Original recipe found at heatherlikesfood 


Ingredients 

2 28oz cans whole tomatoes, drained
2 medium zucchini, chopped
2 cups corn kernels
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 425F. Spread tomatoes, zucchini, and corn evenly in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 45 minutes. Place baked vegetables in a blender and puree. Pour into a large soup pot, then add the broth and remaining seasonings. Bring to a boil, then serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment