Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lemony Pasta with Tuna and Peas


Okay, so this might not be the healthiest dinner, but it screams comfort food for me. My Mom used to make this when we were little and I will always have a soft spot for it in my heart. I have changed it up a bit since the good old days (adding a bit of lemony flavour to it), and both versions are so good. It is a quick and easy dinner for a rushed weeknight, or when you're feeling like a good meal Mom used to make. 

Ingredients

1 box whole grain, whole wheat pasta (375g)
1/2 cup or more of frozen peas
1 can tuna
1/4 cup miracle whip/mayonnaise 
zest and juice of 1 lemon
sat and pepper to taste

Directions

Make the pasta according to directions on box. When the pasta only has 5 more minutes of cooking, add in the frozen peas and finish cooking together. Meanwhile, place tuna, miracle whip, zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1 lemon in a large bowl and stir to combine. Drain the cooked pasta/peas and place in bowl along with the tuna mixture. If you're finding the mixture too dry then add in a little more miracle whip/mayo. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and a little more lemon zest if desired. Serve warm. Enjoy - Alex


2 comments:

  1. Must be a family thing! My mom use to make something similar. I haven't tried this in a long time...going to rectify that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete